- TURKEY MEATBALLS:
- 2 egg whites (or whole egg)
- 4 Tbs quick-cooking oats
- 4 Tbs Parmesan cheese topping (canned, not fresh)
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Crumble turkey over mixture, mix well.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 20 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink.
- In a LARGE saucepan coated with nonstick cooking
spray, saute onion, celery and garlic in 1 Tbsp butter
- Add broth, potatoes, tomato paste, vegetables and
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30
- Stir in pasta and meatballs.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes
or until vegetables and pasta are tender.
- If you use a crockpot, cook the soup portion for 4
hours on high to get the vegetables crisp/tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs and pasta, cook for 30 more
minutes and everything will be done.
Thanks to Lisa McCown for this tasty recipe!