ACTUAL comments received in 1996 from the Bridger Wilderness registration sheets and comment cards.
* Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
* Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service needs to reduce world-wide population growth to limit the number of visitors to wilderness.
* Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking sticks are more likely to chase animals.
* All the mile markers are missing this year.
* Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse.
* Trail needs to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.
* Too many bugs and leaches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
* Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during the winter.
* Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them.
* The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals.
* A small deer came into my camp and stole my jar of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call ___ ___ ____.
* Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights.
* Escalators would help on steep uphill sections.
* Need more signs to keep area pristine.
* A McDonalds would be nice at the trailhead.
* The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
* I brought lots of sandwich makings, but forgot bread. If you have extra bread, leave it in the yellow tent at V Lake.
* Too many rocks in the mountains.